We’re leaders in sawmill technology.
Promac’s reputation for quality, durability and top-of-the-line service is something you can count on every time. Each custom machined part is carefully engineered and built to the highest standard of precision by skilled and experienced craftsmen. Our specialized skills and technology include 3D scanning, heat-treating and induction hardening, and our full range of in-house capabilities means we offer the fastest turnaround time in the business.
Splined Saw Arbors
Thanks to our in-house CAD facilities and CNC centres, Promac has the resources to build top-of-the-line, precision-machined saw arbors. We are proud to be one of the world’s largest manufacturers of splined arbors.
Our saw arbors are:
- Created by precision machine hobbing;
- Manufactured from high tensile alloy steel;
- Hardened to 60 HRC;
- Fully compatible with laser cut saws; and
- Available in two formats:
- Solid: In this design, the arbor and spline are one solid unit. The initial cost is less, but the entire unit will eventually have to be replaced
- Sleeved: In this design, the spline slides on and off the arbor. Creating the custom arbor is more expensive initially, but will be more affordable long-term since only the spline will need to be replaced
Promac is one of very few manufacturers in North America making saw guides today. We produce our saw guides to our clients’ exact specifications from approved drawings or samples, in whatever quantity is required.
- Our aluminum saw guides are:
- Manufactured from aerospace aluminum;
- Hardcoated with Type III engineering hardcoat anodized finished;
- Light and easy to handle;
- Less likely to cause injury; and
- Our hardened steel saw guides are:
- Ideal for thin or shifting guides;
- Rugged and long lasting; and
- Ground for flatness and accuracy.
Promac designs, builds and repairs Babbitt Jigs based on custom orders to fulfill our clients’ requirements. Our Babbitt Jigs feature double-action air cylinders and spring-activated pusher pins that release the pads from the mold.
GET A QUOTE
Sawmill Product Manager
Ask our customers:
We like dealing with Promac because Matt brings delicious cinnamon buns every once in awhile.
- Jarrad Astren, Western Forest Products
We have been working with Promac more and more since we reopened in 2008 and it has contributed greatly to our success. Their service and quality is the best!
- Dave Hooper, Harmac Pacific
Promac has a diverse range of shop capabilities that is complemented by a solid engineering team. They provide innovative design solutions and efficiently incorporate available materials and resources in their designs. I highly recommend working with Promac on custom fabrication work. They consistently produce good quality products and deliver on time.
- Phil Ponka, P.Eng.
I can count on Promac to deliver on-time and on budget. Their sales team offers excellent customer service and is a pleasure to work with.
- Mark Buckley, Western Forest Products, Saltair